miércoles, 23 de enero de 2013

THE PRESENT CONTINUOUS
El presente progresivo

FORMA

El Present Continuous se forma con el presente del verbo to be seguido del verbo principal en gerundio (V + -ing): Be + V-ing

Forma afirmativa                               

I am studying English                            I´m studying English
You are studying English                       You´re studying English
He is studying English                           He´s studying English
She is studying English                         She´s studying English
We are studying English                       We´re studying English
You are studying English                      You´re studying English
They are studying English                    They´re studying English

Forma negativa

I am not studying English                     I´m not studying English
You are not studying English                You´re not studying English / You aren´t studying English
He is not studying English                    He´s not studying English / He isn´t studying English
She is not studying English                  She´s not studying English / She isn´t studying English
We are not studying English                 We´re not studying English / We aren´t studying English
You are not studying English                You´re not studying English / You aren´t studying English
They are not studying English              They´re not studying English / They aren´t studying English

Forma interrogativa                         Short answers

Am I studying English?                       Yes, I am / No, I´m not
Are you studying English?                   Yes, you are / No, you aren´t
Is he 
studying English?                       Yes, he is / No, he isn´t
Is she 
studying English?                      Yes, she is / No, she isn´t
Are we 
studying English?                     Yes, we are / No, we aren´t
Are you 
studying English?                    Yes, you are / No, you aren´t
Are they 
studying English?                   Yes, they are / No, they aren´t

REGLAS ORTOGRÁFICAS

Al añadir la -ing al verbo tenemos que tener en cuenta las siguientes reglas ortográficas:

1. Si el verbo acaba en -e, pierde la -e al añadir la -ing

    have > having          write > writing          come > coming

2. Si el verbo es monosílabo y acaba en vocal + consonante, al añadir la -ing duplicamos la 
   consonante final.

     stop > stopping          run > running          swim > swimming          sit > sitting


USO
1. Para hablar de acciones que están sucediendo en el momento de hablar (ahora).

    I am listening to music now.
    She is listening to music now.
2. Para hablar de acciones que están sucediendo en el presente pero no necesariamente en el momento de hablar.

    We are reading a novel
    My brother is studying Spanish
3. Para hablar de planes futuros.

    I am going to the cinema this weekend
    We are visiting our gransparents next Saturday
    

Expresiones temporales de uso común con el Present Continuous

now ahora
right now ahora mismo
at the moment en este momento
today hoy

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario